Seeds of Life Nutrition complies with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
Our website, www.seedsofelifenutition.com.au is owned and operated by Samantha Barnett who is the trustee for SOL Trust T/A Seeds of Life Nutrition ABN 98 144 262 755. For further information, please contact Samantha at:
email@example.com or via mobile 0421 665 889
PO Box 4053, Forest Lake Qld, 4078
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you engage with us via this website or as a client, you may be asked to provide personal information to us. This may include your contact details and opinions on topics, products or services that may be of interest to you. This information may be used to help improve the usability and appearance of our website, as well as improve the conduct of our consultations, seminars, webinars or workshops
Collection of Information
Information shared by you may be collected in various forms such as: –
- Through questionnaires and enquiries via email correspondence;
- When booking an appointment in with us;
- Signing up to our newsletter/seminars/webinars or workshops.
Any information is collected with full consent, complying with any legal requirements.
YOUR SENSITIVE INFORMATION
We understand any personal information (including your health information) is of a sensitive nature. Other than in the course of providing medical services or as otherwise described in this policy, I/Seeds of Life Nutrition will not share personal information with any third party without your consent. Information may be shared: –
- If a request is made by a Court of Law, your personal information may be shared to a third party;
- To prevent or lessen a serious threat to a person’s life, health or safety and/or the public’s health or safety.
- With other health care practitioners if we both agree this practitioner could further your treatment plan. Health professionals may include GP, counsellor, psychologist, acupuncturist, naturopath or another nutritionist.
Sensitive information will only be collected through reasonable secure methods including:
- in our initial intake questionnaire which is sent via email correspondence after booking in an appointment;
- in our consultation notes;
- via email correspondence directly between the practitioner and yourself (including test results and other relevant medical history);
- via telephone conversations or in our face to face consultation.
Sensitive information is including but not limited to personal contact details, birth dates, medical and family history, medications, supplements, medical conditions, diet, lifestyle, emotional wellness and habits. These details are collated to provide you with the most effective and safe health practitioner advice and treatment plan.
Physical information may also be requested such as your blood pressure and a nail, tongue and eye analysis. A consent will be obtained before any physical touch may be undertaken.
Storage of sensitive information
Any electronically received sensitive information is stored on a password and spyware protected desktop/laptop. I/Samantha Barnett is the only one with access to this sensitive information.
Email correspondence and text messages received via mobile telephone may be stored on that phone, protected with a security code. With your consent, images may also be taken with said mobile for treatment purposes. These files are transferred within 24 hours to your client file on the encrypted laptop/desktop and deleted from my phone.
In the event you do require supplements, we use practitioner grade supplement which are obtained through our online supplement companies. We set up client profiles where these companies may store your name, postal and email address. These companies may also require details of any known allergies or medical conditions.
Any personal and sensitive information is kept in your client file for up to 7 years after your last consultation. Once this time expires, all files will be responsibly shredded and deleted.
Accessing your information
Access to your information can be obtained by appointment. We will make your file available within 28 days where you can correct and update your personal information. If you wish to access your file, please send and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Nutritionist, this is currently an unregistered profession and and we must comply with the COAG Health Council National Code of Conduct for Health Care Workers (Queensland).