Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Thank you for taking the time to look at my Terms & Conditions. This website, www.seedsofelifenutition.com.au is owned and operated by Samantha Barnett who is the Trustee for SOL Trust T/A Seeds of Life Nutrition ABN 98 144 262 755. For further information, please contact Samantha at:
Phone 0421 665 889
Postal address PO Box 4053, Forest Lake Qld 4078
Please take a moment to carefully peruse the below Terms & Conditions which includes important information about your rights and obligations in relation to my website, services and products provided. When using my website, services or products, you are in agreement that you are over 18 years of age and willing to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Those under the age of 18, you agree to have full knowledge and permission from a parent or guardian and that they are responsible for purchases made on your behalf. Any products and services listed on this website or clinic are offered in compliance with the Australian Consumer Law. If you have any concerns about this agreement, please contact me.
This disclaimer is in relation to my website and the blog posts, recipes and articles contained therein. The content provided is solely for information and educational purposes only.
My Rights & Responsibilities
It is my responsibility to: –
- provide accurate information on this website, however, I cannot be held responsible for how you choose to use that information.
- provide content of a generalised nature that is not a substitute for specialised individual advice. Any special advice that is tailored to your health needs, please arrange a consultation with myself or another qualified health care practitioner
- provide a non-professional relationship between us unless you seek individual advice and choose to work along side me by purchasing a consultation service
- display honest testimonials and results on my website based on the experience of previous clients. Personal results differ as every client responds different to treatment plans
- take every effort to keep my website alive and well. I take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, any temporary interruptions due to technical issues out of my control.
As a Nutritionist, the content provided on this website is of a health and wellness nature. I do not accept any liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred by the use or reliance of the general information provided on this website. Everyone is different and for individual advice please arrange a consultation with myself or another qualified health care practitioner.
Information on this website may be modified at any time. This includes editing or deleting without notice.
As a visitor to this website, it is your responsibility to: –
- practice common sense when it comes to your own health, safety and well being.
- seek professional advice from a health care practitioner before making significant changes to your diet (particularly those with known health conditions)
- use the content provided on this website for education and informational purposes only. It should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional advice.
- seek guidance from a qualified health care professional, such as myself, with any questions you have in relation to your own health
- arrange to book in with me for a consultation if you require individualised advice in relation to a health concern
Links to external websites
My website may contain links to sign up for my newsletter or redirect you to other health and wellness websites relevant to that content and for your convenience. If you choose to click on those links and visit external websites, you do at your own risk. I cannot be held responsible for any content provided on those websites.
My website contains downloads of material created to provide you with convenient nutritional and well being information for educational and information purposes only. While I take every effort to keep attachments safe, I cannot be held responsible for any virus or damage that occurs as a result of downloading said material.
Any content provided on this website is protected by Copyright and no portion of it shall be copied, sold or replicated without written consent. Sharing the general information provided on this website via social media outlets such as Facebook and Instagram is allowed, however, credit must be given using my name in the post or a link back to my website or social media pages.
The unregistered trademark “Seeds of Life Nutrition” is owned by Samantha Barnett, the trustee for Sol Nutrition. I am the owner of this trademark and logo which are distinguishing signs to my business. They shall not be used for any purpose without my consent.
DISCLAIMER (PRIVATE CONSULTS)
Thank you for choosing to work with me. Private consultations are conducted in-person at my home clinic located in Heathwood, Qld. They can also be undertaken online via Zoom or Skype. I like to be transparent as possible before working together. Please take a moment to peruse the below carefully.
This disclaimer is in relation to private nutritional consultations
It is my responsibility to: –
- recommend advice based upon best practice and evidence-based approaches. I am a full member of the Complementary Medicines Association which requires me to complete a minimum of 20 hours of continuing professional development (CPE) a year to retain that membership. This is to ensure I am constantly educating myself and remain current with the latest scientific research
- follow the National Code of Conduct for Health Care Workers (Queensland) with the primary principle of doing no harm.
- recognise when services you require are outside my scope of practice and refer to a suitable practitioner such as GP, counsellor or physiotherapist when necessary
- refer to another practitioner if you are not ready to undergo my treatment plan whereby you may be facing more significant emotional challenges that effect the ability to undertaken my advice given. This practitioner will be able to help you work through this better.
It is your responsibility to: –
- provide accurate information about your health to allow me to provide the most appropriate treatment for your condition and ultimately, the best results.
- provide me with full and accurate information about any diagnosed medical conditions and medications as well as supplements, known allergies and intolerances to ensure your safety when constructed an individualised treatment plan. This will enable me to check for interactions to medications you are on against any supplements that I may prescribe.
- determine whether my service is suitable for you and your health goals
- continue working under the strict care of a medical practitioner if you are seeing them at the time of consult.
Limitation of Liability
You agree to indemnify me for any injury of illness you may suffer, or any damage or loss occurred while working together. If any issues may arise, you agree to conduct your own research and make your own fully information decision about what is best for you.
Any materials and resources given to you through the consult are protected by copyright and for your own personal use. They are not be copied or shared without my written consent.
A tax invoice/receipt is issued via email after consultation where my provider number will be provided.
Purchase of products (supplements)
Nutritional supplements may be recommended during a consultation. These will be ordered through a third party website where the company sends you an invoice and the product directly to you. They may charge you for a postage fee. I only use practitioner grade supplements in my clinic. Tax Invoice receipts are provided by the third party in relation to supplements purchased.
There are no refunds for change of mind, however, if you are unhappy with the consultation, please contact me so we can discuss.
If you require a refund in relation to a supplement provided, I am happy to help resolve the issue with you, however, this will need to be discussed with the third party provider. This may include:
- an incorrect product sent by the third party;
- an issue with the product sent by the third party; or
- damage occurred during the delivery of that product.
I will happy to assist you in finding resolution in however means practical in the event a minor problem occurs, such as problems downloading files provided to you or in the event a consultation time needs to be rescheduled.
In the event a major problem occurs: –
- it is your responsibility to notify me of any allergies or reactions before prescribing any supplements.
- it is also your responsibility to notify me straight away if any adverse reactions do occur. In the unlikely event you do experience life threatening symptoms such as anaphylaxis, call 000 immediately.
Please remember, while treatment plans are written out for each individual, any time frames stipulated may change depending on a range of factors such as compliance with treatment and your response to treatment. We are all unique and our genetics, environment, diet and lifestyle can impact on our health differently. It is not possible to guarantee when and if you will reach your desired health outcome.
Any products prescribed are for you only and must not be given to any family member or friends. Self-prescribing can be harmful and it is why I recommend seeking qualified professional advice to ensure the safety of all individuals before taking supplements.
JURISDICTION AND DISPUTES
This agreement is subject to the laws governing Queensland.
If you have an issue or complaint about the use of this website or the above Terms & Conditions provided, Seeds of Life Nutrition and yourself should make a true effort to rectify any dispute through discussions. If we are unable to resolve that dispute within fourteen (14) days of first discussions, both parties will proceed to mediation whereby an accredited mediator, independent to both parties, is appointed in agreement by both parties. It is also noted that both parties agreed to equally share cost of said mediation.